Even if you have a fantastic LinkedIn profile that is embedded with keywords and chocked full of impact statements, it isn’t enough.
So, if you are actively or passively job seeking, the #1 thing you can do to increase the number of people looking at your profile is to *post an update and comment on LinkedIn*
Here’s why this works…it puts your name in front of other commenters and is likely to show up in your network’s home feed.
Here are other ideas to help you write engaging comments:
- Tag the author in your comment
- Explain why you agree
- Add another perspective
- Expand on a topic in the article
- Tag other people you know who may have helpful input
- Add data to prove or disprove opinion
- Ask a clarifying question
- Explain your success applying the advice from the article
- Include an alternative solution (with data or examples)
- Reference your favorite sentence, quote or statistic from the post/article
The idea is to listen and learn from other people in the comments. So, before you chime in, read other comments. You can engage with either the author/poster or any of the people who comment.
Call us today to discuss your LinkedIn and how to truly connect with your target audience with well thought out content. (504) 875-7890.